GENERAL ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
The Awards are open to Nigerians resident in Southern Africa only.
- The initiative / project/achievement which each individual is nominated for should have been implemented between June of previous year to July of the current year period.
- The Awards Management may modify the eligibility criteria in the best interests of the Awards.
- The Awards Management holds the right to disqualify any application which does not meet the eligibility criteria without assigning any reason whatsoever.
- Unique ID number (UID) will be used to track your nomination. Keep this number handy when you need any information on the status of your nomination.
The first phase of the nomination process will close on a stipulated date and the second phase will close as scheduled by the organizers. In the second phase, the applicant/nominee will be ask to submit more details and supporting evidence of his/her work.
Awards Management may not consider / be responsible/ held liable for nomination forms which are in incorrect format / without declaration / received late / corrupt or false information etc
Screening of Received Nomination/Application Forms
Awards Management will appoint experienced personnel to screen application forms to ensure adherence to the eligibility criteria, rules and regulations.
Completeness of Entries/Disqualification
- Entry forms must be filled in English only
- Nomination/application forms that are received incomplete in any manner may be disqualified by the Awards Management.
- Applications may be disqualified if they do not follow any of the rules & regulations stated here-in.
- Disqualification of entries received is at the sole discretion of Awards Management, on a case by case basis.
- If at any time, any information provided by any applicant/nominee is found to be false/misleading/incorrect in any manner, then the applicant/nominee will not be permitted to continue participation in the Awards.
- Determination of whether the information is incorrect or not rests with Awards Management.
- The Awards Management has the right to ask for proof of information provided / audit the information provided in the nomination/application form. If such a request is made and the applicant/nominee does not comply, the applicant/nominee could be disqualified from participation at the Awards.
- At the end of Phase 1, nomination/application forms received would be collated under each award category for evaluation by personnel appointed by Awards Management.
- Determination of the Award category to which an application belongs is at the discretion of Awards Management. Awards Management reserves the right to make the final judgment in case of any ambiguity in Rules and Regulations / disputes over suitability.
- At the end of Phase I, there will be a selection of few nominees per Award category based on predefined evaluation parameters who will qualify for the final round.
Verification of the Information Provided in the Application/Nomination Form
- The Awards Management will contact the applicant/nominee, if required, for any clarifications needed regarding the information provided in the application/nomination form and to conduct a verification of information submitted.
- The Awards Management will make the best efforts possible to contact the applicants/nominee, but shall not be responsible if the person does not participate in or does not agree to the conduct of the verification, or are not contactable.
- In the event that it is not possible to conduct a verification of the applicant/nominee for any reason beyond its control, Awards Management may, at its discretion, disqualify the applicant/nominee or continue in such other manner as deemed fit.
- The Final Jury will score / rank the Nominees based on the nomination/application form submitted by them and a presentation made by the nominee.
- There could be one or more winners in each award category, at the discretion of the jury.
- The determination of who should receive an award for any Award category rests with the jury.
- The Jury’s decision is final and binding on all nominees.
- The Jury may also decide, in order to adhere to the standards of the awards, that there could be no Winner in a particular category.
- Applicants/nominees understand and agree that merely by applying for these Awards does not entitle the applicant/nominee to any other form of consideration.
- Decision of Awards Management on all matters is final and binding on all applicants/nominees and no correspondence will be entertained on the same.
- Nominees and winners permit free of cost the use of their name and factual information about their application and entry(s) in the public media (for the build-up to the Awards, during the Awards ceremony, etc) and do not have any right to any revenues earned through intellectual property rights generated by the Awards, if any.
- Applicants/nominees & winners permit The Nigerian Voice Newspaper as organizers of the awards to use the information provided by them in the application form(s) for promotional features about the Awards.
- Additions, deletions and / or modifications to these Rules and Regulations are at the discretion of the Awards Management and the Awards Management may make such additions / deletions and / or modifications, at any time.
- The Awards Management reserves the right to withdraw or amend the terms of the Awards at any time, and does not take the responsibility for any loss or damage that any person / organization / Applicant / Nominee may suffer as a result of the Awards being withdrawn or its terms amended.
- The filing of the nomination form by the nominees/applicants would signify their acceptance of these Rules and Regulations.
- If Applicants are unclear as to the rules or any element of the Awards or experience difficulties of any kind, they can write in their questions, problems or queries to the the award team via our contact details.
Nigeria Community Excellence Awards is divided into three (3) different categories namely:
1. Community Excellence Awards
2. Community Special Appreciation Awards
3. Community Special Recognition Awards
NIGERIAN COMMUNITY EXCELLENCE AWARDS
These set of awards are eight (8) in total and honors members of the Nigerian Community in South Africa who stands out and are flying the Nigerian flag positively. In this category members of the community nominate individual Nigerians who they know to stand out. The awards in this category are:
YOUNG ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR
This award recognizes an inspirational young Nigerian business leader aged between 18-40 years who, through their own commitment and passion, has built and operated a successful business; and who demonstrates outstanding entrepreneurial spirit, strategic direction, and innovative ideas.
NIGERIAN YOUNG TALENT OF THE YEAR
This category recognizes an outstanding young Nigerian aged 8-21 years, who has achieved great feat in any area of talents- i.e. sports, education, craft, arts, entertainment, etc. or has showcased exceptional academic achievement, extra-curricular involvement and a significant contribution to his/her community with his/her exceptional talent.
OUTSTANDING NIGERIAN FEMALE ACHIEVEMENT
The award celebrates the strength and outstanding achievement of an outstanding Nigerian woman in South Africa who stands out in what she does in South African in the year under review.
OUTSTANDING INDIVIDUAL COMMUNITY ACHIEVEMENT
The awards celebrate a person who has demonstrated innovation, teamwork, passion, and integrity throughout their involvement with others, in business, and who has produced an identifiably profound effect on the community through their work, business and/or leadership.
OVERALL ACADEMICS EXCELLENCE IN SOUTH AFRICA
The award recognizes outstanding achievements in academic studies and/or research at the postgraduate level (Masters and Doctorate or Professorship) by a Nigerian individual in South Africa.
OUTSTANDING NIGERIAN IN CREATIVE ARTS
The award recognizes the excellent achievements of a Nigerian Deejay, model, artist, sculptor, painter, fashion designer, Comedian, illustrator, and photographer or any other profession in the innovative and creative space.
BEST NIGERIAN ACHIEVEMENT IN SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT
This award recognizes promoters and producers of Nigerian music, entertainment promotion, film production, acting or a Nigerian ambassador in any sporting activity who has achieved success or great feat in the year under review in South Africa.
OVERALL BEST NIGERIAN MUSIC ARTIST
This category recognizes outstanding achievement of Nigerian musical artiste who has distinguished him/herself through hit song/album, top-flight collaboration, song/album sales and positive impact on individual or community through his/her musical career. This award is open to all types/genres of music.
SPECIAL APPRECIATION AWARDS
The Special Appreciation Awards category are four (4) in number and are dedicated to South African individuals and organizations. The award is the Nigerian Community’s way of showing appreciation to South Africans and to foster unity so as to encourage social cohesion, citizen to citizens’ interaction, cultural and education integration. The award categories are as follows:
BEST COLLABORATION IN ENTERTAINMENT
This award recognizes a South African individual or group in the entertainment industry who has collaborated with a Nigerian individual or group to promote the music, culture, traditions, strength, unity, language, food and arts of both countries.
EXCELLENCE IN CORPORATE SOCIAL INVESTMENT AWARD
The Corporate Social Investment (CSI) Award recognizes the active involvement of any organization and its team supporting the Nigerian community or community projects in South Africa or through its partnership with a Nigerian charitable, voluntary or community organization that has had a quantifiable positive effect on the community over the last year/s.
COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIP & SUPPORT AWARD
This award recognizes a South African Association, Organization or Non-Profit Organization in any field of business who has demonstrated excellence in partnering and supporting a Nigerian, Nigerian Association or a Nigerian NGO to provide opportunities for Nigerians or the Nigerian community to engage in and have their voices heard or have shown compassion, love, and understanding to an individual Nigerian, group of Nigerians or to Nigeria as a nation.
SOUTH AFRICAN MAKING A DIFFERENCE FOR NIGERIANS
The “South African making a difference for Nigerians award" is developed to honor a South African person/s who is/are making significant contributions or supporting the Nigerian community in South Africa through their time, actions, talents, and dedication. The honoree selected should serve as a role model for compassion, service and be striving to make the world a better place.
SPECIAL RECOGNITION AWARD
The Special Recognition Awards category is four (4) in numbers and is dedicated to Nigerian citizens in South African, Nigeria or in any part of the world. The award is the Nigerian Community’s way of recognizing top Nigerian achievers in Government, business, academics, entertainment and community service or any other field. The recipient of this category is solely determined and awarded by the Editorial Board of The Nigerian Voice Newspaper South Africa. We however welcome suggestions and identification of individuals from members of the public for a large reach.
The award recognizes an Outstanding Nigerian top heavyweight Achiever who has achieved in no small measure in any field of career and flying the Nigerian flag high in South Africa.
NIGERIAN DIPLOMATIC PERSONALITY OF THE YEAR
The award recognizes an outstanding, honest and hardworking Nigerian Diplomat in South Africa who has been diligent, compassionate and mean well for Nigeria and Nigerians in South Africa.
EXCELLENCE AWARD IN LEADERSHIP & GOVERNANCE
The award recognizes an inspiring, hardworking and impactful Nigerian politician, a government official at the Federal, State or Local Government level or a Nigerian lawmaker who has made a significant impact through their program or processes that have positively affected or impacted the lives of Nigerians at home or in the Diaspora.
BUSINESS LEADER OF THE YEAR AWARD
The winner of the Business Leader of the Year category will be a Nigerian individual who exemplifies outstanding leadership in business. He/she will have achieved positive financial results, increased shareholder value, sound management, proven corporate governance, demonstrated innovation, together with intangible qualities such as integrity and vision.